Easter Fun – Ideas for Easter Activities for Chicks and Chucks!
Easter is a great time of year, the main church event if you are religious and a lovely long bank holiday. Easter shows all the signs of Spring and all the imagery around it is so cheerful and full of hope. New baby chicks, bunnies and lambs and the first show of early spring seeds coming into flower with daffodils, tulips, snowdrops and bluebells.
Whether you have small children or you are a house of adults here at OohBox we have pulled together a list of ideas that might give some inspiration for the long weekend in lockdown.
Children’s Activities can be organised outdoors this year as some of the restrictions are lifted and as the temperatures slowly rise it’s great to get outdoors and burn off that chocolate but if there weather is against you then all things can be recreated indoors.
- Easter egg hunt – This is a great way to get the children running round and can be made into a great adventure. If the children are old enough why not make it more exciting by creating clues to the whereabouts of the treasure?
- Arts and Crafts – using empty toilet rolls, cotton wool balls, egg cartons all you need is some paint, child friendly glue and your imagination. It might get messy so maybe a washable sheet might come in handy!
- Decorate an egg – Remember to boil them first though!
- Easter pictures – create a line drawing of a bunny or chick and let your little ones colour it in to decorate the house over the holiday.
For the grown-ups the long weekend is an ideal time not only to enjoy great food and drink but also to put up your feet up and relax and pamper yourself or get creative with some home decorations.
- Plan a gorgeous dinner for the family, something memorable that will be a landmark for the relaxing of the lockdown to come. Choose your favourite wine to compliment and treat yourself to one of our beautiful hand-painted Lolita glasses and charms in our wine gift boxes, and if you don’t finish the bottle you’ll have the most lovely stopper to show off too.
- Plant your seeds from our gardening gift box. Poppies, Cornflowers and Oxeye Daisies sow them now for summer blooms.
- Make an Easter Wreath – there are dozens sites online specializing in wreath making, check out Good Housekeeping https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/easter-ideas/g977/spring-easter-wreaths/ What a way to show off your skills and make yours a Home Sweet Home when people come to call or pass by? Clever you!
- Get out and about and enjoy the sights and smells of spring. There is no better way to reset than to just breathe in your surroundings. Even in the city there are pockets of paradise to enjoy.
- Create a spring friendly flower arrangement or an egg tree. Easy to make they are great for getting the children involved too. Country living have some great examples https://www.countryliving.com/diy-crafts/g26498744/easter-tree/ but if you’re not arty then you can buy the eggs from most stores.
- Why not just chill out with one of our Relax Gift Boxes, with scented candles and a good read, they are perfect for recharging your batteries.
We hope we’ve given some inspiration for the weekend.
Happy Easter form all at OohBox x